Mr Humphries

John Inman died today at the age of 71. For those of you who don't know him, he was an actor for a BBC sitcom, that our family just loved. The show was called "Are You Being Served". The girls and I would sit up until 10:30, to watch the show every night. Most of the shows were reruns, but we didn't care!

John played the endearing "Mr. Humphries".....who worked in a Department Store, in England. My middle daughter e-mailed me the web page, about his death...and said, "A very sad day, I lost my first love." She was fortunate enough to meet John Inman a few years back, at a banquet held for him. It was fund raiser for PBS. She was so thrilled to get to meet and talk to him! She told him that she had watched him for years, since she was little. They talked for quite awhile, then he gave her a hug:)

We will miss you, Mr. Humphries.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070308/tv_nm/inman_dc

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww...the death of Mr. Humphries has passed without a comment? He was a good man....funny...English. A good man......
Susie said…
Yes we LOVED him.Your Dad and I watched some of the tapes of the show last night. That show still makes me laugh! I will truly miss him!

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Pencil Cactus