The Cootie


This week I played Cooties with my 3 and 4 year old grand daughters AGAIN. It's their favorite game! This time, I didn't come in last. But only because the 3 year old defaulted the game, by going on a walk with her Grandpa. I explained to her if she went, she would lose the game. But she decided she didn't care. Her loss!

I watched the 4 year old carefully, and couldn't catch her cheating. But somehow, she rolled whatever number she needed on the dice, to build her cootie. She won again! I was so frustrated, at her uncanniness of rolling just the right number! She ALWAYS wins at Cooties!

Later the 3 year old returned from her walk with Grandpa. My daughter asked the 3 year old if she was a cootie. Have you ever seen a three year old have a melt down? It was scary! She flung herself on the floor, kicking her legs and flinging her arms...screaming, "I'M NOT A COOTIE I'M NOT A COOTIE!!!!!!!" Perhaps she had played Cooties with her 4 year old sister one too many times? I could understand her frustration! Poor little thing! Above is the 4 year old's winning cootie! The 3 year old and I have decided to hang our dice up, and never play again:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
For those of you lucky enough to miss this melt down, it was quite funny...although hard on the ears. It all started one day when she had gotten all the cooties out and put them together. Then, she put four of their little chairs in a row, and placed a cootie under three of the chairs. Then, she laid down under the fourth. I unwittingly initiated the first melt down that day by assuming that she was pretending to be one of the cooties...apparently that was not what she intended. Needless to say, things really hit the fan when I suggested I try pulling a "cootie leg" off her....all in jest of course. In the end, there was screaming, crying, and inisting that she wasn't a cootie and did not have a cootie leg. After much yelling, I ditched the cootie leg, suggesting we take the rather loud cootie's "mouth" off...this elicited a renewed fit....with a vengeance. To this day, if you suggest she's a cootie, you may as well take cover.....

Kristie
Anonymous said…
Just one more...miss curly just walked up to the computer and saw the picture of the cootie on the computer....and reassured me once again she is NOT a cootie......
Susie said…
Hey, I sort of posted your comment on the blog as a post! ahahaha! You should be writing, not me! Very good job!I can't believe Miss Curly saw the cootie on the post, and immediately got on the defensive! Wow! She REALLY IS A COOTIE HATER!
Anonymous said…
That is soooo funny !
krk
Susie said…
KRK....you should have been here! It was hilarious! I couldn't believe such a little one could make so much noise! She was absolutely furious!

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Pencil Cactus

Saga of the Cootie!