Amazing But True

These two stories happened many years ago. My husband had just bought me a new sweeper. This one was the bagless kind. The front of it was clear, where all the dirt goes. It was kind of fun seeing the dirt swirling around as you swept...that way you knew it was actually working. About the second time I used it, I was sweeping away. All of a sudden, it sounded like I had swept up something I shouldn't have. Without turning off the sweeper, I stopped and looked into the front to see if I could see anything in the clear cup. There swirling around in the bagless cup...was a little bit of dust and a mouse! I screamed, then turned off the sweeper. I didn't want to take the cup off, because I'm afraid of mice. But the little guy was just laying there...half dead. I felt so sorry for him. He was panting, very heavily...with his little eyes shut.

So my concern for him, overcame my fear. I took the cup off the sweeper, and went outside in the front yard, and gently laid the little guy on the grass. He was still panting with his eyes shut. I removed the dust off of him...and didn't know what to do to help him. I started stroking his chest, very gently. All of a sudden he sat up, and opened his eyes. I was so happy to see that he just might make it! That thought was very fleeting, because out of the blue, he jumped straight up into the air and was coming for my face! I screamed and ran! He chased me up the sidewalk! Guess he knew who was driving that evil sucking machine. It was about then, as I was running, that I wished I had left him in the cup!

A year or so later, I was walking through the dining room with a load of laundry. I saw Rookie, my cat, playing with something. I heard this high pitched screaming. At first I thought it was Rookie making the noise, and upon investigating... Rookie was just fine. But the mouse hanging out of his mouth, wasn't. If the mouse hadn't made that noise, I may have just walked on and tried not to think about it. But to hear that screaming noise, I just couldn't take it. So I was able to grab the mouse's tail, and open Rookie's mouth with the other hand. I took the mouse outside. As I walked, holding it by it's tail....it tried to curl it's body up and bite me. I walked as far away from the house as I could, making sure to move my arm every time he tried to bite me.I tossed him on the ground...and wouldn't you know it? He too JUMPED up into the air trying to bite me. Then I ran for the house, and he was close behind. At first I thought he was trying to chase me, but then I saw him pass me on the left! He beat me to my own house. I stood there and couldn't believe that the stupid mouse ran right back into the house, where my ever faithful Rookie was waiting:)

To this day, I wonder if it was the same mouse? Does anyone else have any weird mouse stories? Or do things like this only happen to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Pencil Cactus

Saga of the Cootie!